Friday, January 27, 2012

i drank waay to much kombucha last night

This video is too funny :)...it is true-I have lost my voice from omming to much and must go align my chakras. 
photo from vogueandcoffee
About a two years ago my sister introduced me to vinyasa yoga when she came home for Thanksgiving.  As an avid runner, my first reaction was "there is no way I will be able to sit through this," but, as much as it pained me to admit she was right, I really enjoyed it and felt sore like I hadn't in years.  A friend of mine suggested, a couple months later, that we get a Groupon for hot vinyasa yoga and do it together (the first day I pretty much laid on my mat for more than half of the class it was so hard).  I was hooked and integrated yoga into my running regime, but never thought of it as my main workout.  After injuring my ankle pretty badly after the St. Louis Half Marathon, I had no choice but to stop running for about 8 months.  During that time, hot vinyasa yoga was just about the only exercise I was doing (I threw in a couple Barre classes).  I thought I would get extremely out of shape, instead, I felt stronger than ever.  I came out of class feeling refreshed and rejuvenated with a second wind to get my study on after a long day of classes.  Most importantly, I loved going to class, the atmosphere was uncompetitive and I never felt pushed into doing something I was not comfortable with.  I have recently started picking up running again, but the months before my wedding I will be relying on yoga to keep me sane and keep me fit!   
What are your favorite early morning/evening workouts?
 photo from pinterest
Off for some early morning yoga to start the day...gotta love it. 

3 comments:

  1. i love yoga too, but can definitely laugh at this video!! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga too and it took me awhile to get into it. I recently tried out hot yoga too...it is amazing! I feel so refreshed afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love yoga! I've yet to try a hot class but it's on my list. Please tell me you've see the "Yoga Girl" music video!!! It's a personal favorite.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8IPDR4Khc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...