Thursday, January 19, 2012

when life hands you lemons

Not sure what it is exactly, maybe it's seeing all the bright colors in Australia (it is summer over there) and its stayed with me, but as Spring approaches (kind of), I am looking to introduce a little citrus into my life.
photos from pinterest, hanneli, vogueandcoffee, vanessajackman, atlanticpacific, theglamorai, habituallychic
Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
recipe from gimmesomeoven

3 cups chopped fresh kale
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
pinch of salt and freshly-ground black pepper
 
To Prepare:
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper.  Add kale and Parmesan and toss until the kale is evenly coated.  Serve immediately.

I made this last night for dinner and it was amazing!  I served it with two buffalo blue cheese chicken burgers from Whole Foods but it would have been perfect on its own!
Speaking of lemons, this is such a great idea!  Can't wait to try it out (probably wait until summertime when it is warmer)!
from cutestfood

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog =) I didn't remember a walk in the closet, but thank you for bringing that to my attention because her blog is great! I read your first post where you mentioned that you were in med school - so am I! Glad to find like-minded people on blogger =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and those lively lemon disciple fashion ideas. The salad looked really yummy and that lemonade sherbet.
    buy wow accounts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat lemon with more or less everything I absolutely love it!


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY BALLS, you are gorgeous! Are those your engagement pics up on your banner? They are beautiful! I'd love to see them if you would like to share. :)

    And those lemon thingies are adorable (sorry, I haven't clicked the link yet so I don't know what they are)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! we had a wonderful photographer which helps a lot! I will do a post soon!

      Delete
  5. Love all the yellow and those leopard heels:)...really cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kale looks so good! I just posted a recipe for kale chips- we're on the same wavelength. And The lemon ice is so cute and looks really yummy!
    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the yellow :] It is my favorite color, so bright and cheerful. The lemon sorbet looks delicious!

    I hope you'll check out my blog&giveaway, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...